Saint Technologies, Inc. has proven over the last 2 decades to be an innovator in securing hardware assemblies against the extreme environments of shock and vibration. The unique methods of solving assembly issues has provide our customers with cost effective assembly procedures that enable quality workmanship in many unique applications and markets.
REALLOCK™ consist of a spring material that provide 2 independent lobes which allow the engaging nut to rotate over the lobes. One lobe immediately spring back to its original position which prevents the nut from reverse rotation. The second lobe provides a force bias on the nut. When the nut is rotated an additional 30 degrees, the lobe that was biased is now allowed to return to its original height, thus further preventing the nut to have reverse rotation. The other lobe is then biased against the nut. This process continues until the desired torque on the nut is achieved.
This unique design provides for many benefits on of which is a total redundant system of locking the nut from anti-rotation. Other Benefits and Features are:
Advantages of Reallock™
⦾ Secures Clamp Loads
⦾ Redundant Locking
⦾ Not location sensitive
⦾ Easily Inspected
⦾ Reduces FOD
⦾ Eliminates costly holes in nuts and bolts
⦾ Multiple stations capabilities
⦾ Eliminates the safety wire
⦾ Reduces variable labor cost
⦾ No Special Tools
⦾ Meets biochemical warfare requirements
There are numerous methods of securing the REALLOCK™ to prevent rotation during the installation process such as: Internal and external tabs as well as “D” slots as used on connectors.
Please take a minute and review the animated pictorial of how REALLOCK™ is installed and how it works.
If you would like to calculate the true cost difference between
THE TRUE COST OF SAFETY WIRE vs. REALLOCK fasteners,
you can download the excel file below.
Download Excel File
(1) INSTALLATION TIME: How many minutes does it take to install the safety wire including twisting and cutting and bending the ends back? REALLOCK only requires the insertion prior to installing the nut(s).
(2) FOD COLLECTION TIME: If FOD is to be recovered, how long does it take to find and collect the tiny pieces.
(3) INSPECTION TIME: What is the que time and the time required for an inspector to approve the installation.
(4) TOTAL ABOVE: This will calculate automatically.
(5) LABOR RATE PER HOUR: What is the hourly labor rate for the Team Member that installs the safety wire?
(6) LABOR RATE PER MINUTE: This will calculate automatically.
(7) OVERHEAD RATE PER HOUR: What Overhead rate is applied to the hourly rate? Example: 2.5x
(8) OVERHEAD DOLLARS: This will calculate automatically.
(9) OVERHEAD RATE PER MINUTE: This will calculate automatically.
(10) TOTAL COST PER MINUTE: This will calculate automatically.
(11) COST OF MATERIAL: Your best guess of cost.
(12) COST FOR SAFETYWIRE ASSEMBLY: This will calculate automatically. DID THE INSTALLATION PASS INSPECTION? IF NOT, THE REAL COST OF SAFETY WIRE IS DOUBLE (2x) THE COST CALCULATED.